Asics Gel-Cool kit
The ASICS Institute of Sports Science, based in the Japanese city of Kobe, is at the heart of the company’s product development. It is where the technologies incorporated into ASICS’ shoes have been developed.
Now the company’s latest range of clothing has incorporated some clever technologies. Gel-Cool is the first feature of the Gel technology originally found in ASICS shoes to be used in the company’s clothes.
After close collaboration between the design, development and product management teams, the Gel-Cool range of men’s and women’s clothing is designed to keep the wearer cool and comfortable for longer.
Central to the technology is the use of three different meshes in each garment. The sourcing and material teams at ASICS worked with specialist suppliers to develop the fabrics. The designs for the Gel-Cool range feature the unique ASICS design DNA of a hexagon and a back stripe.
The Gel print helps to keep the player cool. It expands when in contact with moisture and creates a ventilation space between the skin and the fabric where air can flow. Some of the brand’s ambassadors, like Gael Monfils and Johanna Konta, are involved in the product development.
The Gel-Cool women’s dress and top have a racer back. The fabric is breathable and dries quickly. The rear hem and body length is designed longer so the top will not roll up.
The men’s polo is made from quick-dry fabric. Added ventilation comes from the button-down classic polo collar and from side slits in the bottom hem and the extended rear hem.
We have two ASICS tennis outfits up for grabs – one for women and one for men, which means you can be dressed head-to-toe in the Gel-Cool range.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the question below by emailing us at [email protected]
Q. Where is the ASICS Institute of Sports Science?
A. Kobe, Japan
B. London, UK
C. Paris, France
The winners will be drawn from all the correct entries received by midnight (BST) July 20 2018. No correspondence will be entered into. No cash alternative.
This competition is now closed and the winners selected from all the correct answers received by the closing date.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner