WATCH: Andy Murray hits trademark passing shot to down Benoit Paire
Andy Murray defeated Benoit Paire in straight sets in the opening round at Queen’s Club to claim his second ATP win of the year.
The world No. 124 downed the Frenchman 6-3, 6-2 at the ATP 500 tournament in his first singles match since playing Rotterdam over three
The five-time Queen’s champion was playing in his first singles match on grass since Eastbourne in 2018.
AMazing on the run…
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) June 15, 2021
Murray secured a single break in the opening set and two more in the second set to seal a comfortable victory against the world No. 46.
The 34-year-old did not face a break point, and has now won both career meetings with Paire in straight sets.
The three-time Major champion will face top seed and world No. 9 Matteo Berrettini in the second round in London.
The Brit last won the Queen’s title in 2016 – when he defeated Milos Raonic in the final.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner