Andy Murray and Johanna Konta confirmed to headline Battle of the Brits Team Tennis event
Andy Murray and Johanna Konta will headline opposing teams in the upcoming Battle of the Brits Team Tennis Tournament.
The mixed team event follows from the singles men’s event earlier this summer, with both organised by Jamie Murray.
Judy Murray and Greg Rusedski will captain the Union Jacks, with the Anne Keothavong and Leon Smith in charge of the British Bulldogs.
Andy Murray made a good return to action in the singles event following a difficult six months with injury, reaching the semi-finals before losing to current British number one and eventual winner Dan Evans.
Team Union Jacks:
Dan Evans, Andy Murray, Jan Choinski, Ryan Peniston, Anton Matusevich, Jamie Murray, Lloyd Glasspool, Heather Watson, Katie Boulter, Jodie Burrage, Naomi Broady, Alicia Barnett, Olivia Nicholls
Team British Bulldogs:
Kyle Edmund, Cameron Norrie, Liam Broady, Aidan McHugh, Alastair Gray, Joe Salisbury, Dom Inglot, Johanna Konta, Harriet Dart, Emma Raducanu, Maia Lumsden, Eden Silva, Beth Grey
The Battle of the Brits Team Tennis begins on 27th July in Roehampton.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner