Ana Ivanovic no-show at Eastbourne
World No.1 Ana Ivanovic has called a halt to her Wimbledon preparations after pulling out of the International Women’s Open in Eastbourne next week.
Ana Ivanovic stated she is suffering from a muscle injury, but also admitted she needs a break after winning the French Open. “I have a problem with my abductor, but I am also mentally exhausted. I am not ready to compete so soon after winning my first Grand Slam.”
“I’m very sorry to anyone who was hoping to see me play in Eastbourne,” the 20-year-old added.
Former world number one Lindsay Davenport and 2006 Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo are still expected to play at the event, which starts next Monday.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTubeEXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner