Alexander Zverev: ‘There are a lot of people trying to wipe the smile off my face, but…’
Alexander Zverev has again distanced himself from allegations surrounding his personal life after losing the Paris Masters final.
Zverev has been arguably playing the best tennis of his career since the restart of the ATP Tour following the enforced coronavirus break.
He has also, though, been forced to fend off serious allegations from a former girlfriend.
But, after losing to Daniil Medvedev in three sets in Paris, Alexander Zverev says he won’t surrender to the storm.
“I know that right now there are a lot of people who will be trying to wipe a smile off my face, but I’m still smiling under this mask,” he said.
“Everything’s great on the court and off the court. Everything is great in my life, I’m going to be a father soon…
“Those who are trying (to wipe a smile off his face) can keep trying but I’m still smiling, you just can’t see under the mask.”
Since the restart of the ATP Tour, Zverev has reached the US Open final and won two tournaments in Cologne.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner