‘I played incredible’ – Brilliant Alexander Zverev fancying his French Open chances
Alexander Zverev felt he ‘played incredible’ in his 6-4, 6-1, 6-1 demolition of Kei Nishikori at the French Open.
The German has looked in top form at Roland Garros so far, and he produced his best performance yet to book a spot in the quarter-finals.
“I played incredible,” Zverev said on court. “I played a very good match, but the tournament is not over.
“I’m in the quarterfinals so I hopefully have three more matches left and we’ll see how those go.
“I hope I continue playing the same way I did this match. Maybe even better.”
“Now we’re in the quarterfinals, there’s only eight of us left, and the opponents are not getting easier. You need to perform at your best, play at your best.”
Alejandro Davidovich Fokina now awaits Zverev in the last eight, and the German says he knows he can’t underestimate him.
“I mean, I have Davidovich Fokina for a reason,” Zverev said. “He won four matches, right? Let’s give him some credit where they deserve credit.
“You cannot be a bad player and be in the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam.”
- Keep up to date with the breaking French Open News
- Follow the biggest matches with our French Open LIVE Commentary
- Miss nothing with Tennishead’s French Open LIVE SCORES service
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- French Open Men’s Singles draw updated daily
- French Open Women’s Singles draw updated daily
- Today’s French Open order of play
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner