‘Against champions like Djokovic there is no strategy’ – declares Fucsovics
Marton Fucsovics will face Novak Djokovic in 2021 Wimbledon quarter-finals on Wednesday. The Hungarian insists it’s not a question of strategy or tactics.
Fucsovics has enjoyed a fantastic run to his first ever Grand Slam quarter-final. The 29-year-old has defeated Jannik Sinner, Diego Schwartzman and edged past fifth seed Andrey Rublev in five sets to book his place in the last eight.
Djokovic has won both Grand Slams played in 2021 and extended his winning streak at Majors to 18 matches, the Hungarian knows the enormity of the task in front of him.
“There is no possible strategy when you face these guys, you just have to hope to have a good day and enjoy on the pitch. I will fight on every point and I also know that I really like to face it, really.” Fucsovics said.
To get there, and to play that shot 😮
— Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) July 5, 2021
Fucsovics has faced the World No.1 twice losing on both occasions, with their latest meeting being in Doha, 2019.
“I think we have similar styles, we move well on the baseline, we are aggressive, we like long exchanges. I think his tennis can bring out the best in me.” he added.
The Hungarian won junior Wimbledon title in 2019. He will take on Djokovic tomorrow in the biggest match of his career for a place in Friday’s semi-finals.
- Keep up to date with all the breaking Wimbledon News
- Enjoy our exclusive & free ‘Guide to Wimbledon 2021′
- Order the bumper Wimbledon special issue of Tennishead magazine
- Follow our live commentary from all the biggest matches at Wimbledon
- Don’t miss a thing with our Wimbledon Live Scores service
- Follow Tennishead at Wimbledon on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all Tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner