A year to remember: Stan’s Shorts
Events on court during the 2015 calendar will partly be remembered for the inspirational power of Stan Wawrinka famous red, white and grey plaid shorts, worn by the right-hander on his way to a memorable Grand Slam title at Roland Garros in early June.
The Swiss produced the performance of his life to beat red-hot favourite Novak Djokovic in the Paris final when victory for the Serbian would have completed a coveted career Grand Slam. In doing so, Stan the Man became the only player to beat Djokovic at a major in 2015.
A keyring featuring a miniature version of those memorable shorts now hangs from the Wawrinka racket bag as a permanent reminder.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner