A year to remember: Santina on top of the world
The all-conquering Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza – otherwise known as #Santina (Google it!) – won nine titles together in 2015, sweeping up trophies at Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Wimbledon, the US Open, Guangzhou, Wuhan, Beijing and the WTA Finals in Singapore.
Hingis also won Grand Slam mixed titles with Indian legend Leander Paes in Melbourne, Wimbledon and Flushing Meadows for good measure.
Sania Mirza became the first Indian woman to be ranked world No.1 in tennis after the pair won a third title together in Charleston, while Hingis finishes the year as part of the world No.1 doubles team, 16 years after ending 1999 as one half of the world’s best doubles team with Anna Kournikova.
The pair featuring Sania Mirza were the first team to win nine titles in a single season since Cara Black and Liezel Huber won 10 in 2008.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner