‘What Roger Federer has achieved is just unreal,’ says Top 10 star
A top 10 star was full of praise for Roger Federer after the Swiss star turned 40 last week, describing his achievements in the sport as ‘unreal’.
Andrey Rublev, who won his only contest against Federer back in 2019, has been left amazed by Federer’s recent quarter-final run at Wimbledon.
Federer had very limited match practice coming into the grass-court Slam, having been plagued by a knee injury which saw him undergo two separate surgeries in 2020.
“I’m sure I’m not going to be the first one to say this, but [Roger Federer’s Wimbledon QF run] was something unreal, something unbelievable. He’s the only one who could make it,” said Rublev.
The Russian went on to explain that he was far from surprised by Roger’s performance at SW19, as he continued to reflect on Federer’s illustrious career to date.
“By the way, I’m not really surprised because this is Roger, he breaks so many records.
“He is one of the best tennis players in history. And that’s what he’s doing and achieving- it’s just unreal.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner