What a feeling
Venus Williams: That feeling when you reach your first Australian Open final in 14 years
Dan Evans celebrates the biggest win of his career after knocking out 2014 US Open champion Marin Cilic 3-6 7-5 6-3 6-3.
“It’s pure joy. There’s no other feeling than bliss,” said 34-year-old Mirjana Lucic-Baroni on reaching her first Grand Slam quarter-final since 1999. She went on to reach the semi-finals, where she lost to Serena Williams.
“I believed in myself. I believed in my game,” said world No.50 Mischa Zverev after beating world No.1 Andy Murray.
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova beat two higher-ranked opponents to reach her first Australian Open quarter-final.
Rafael Nadal reached his first Grand Slam final since the 2014 French Open.
Coco Vandeweghe: A first Grand Slam semi-final.
“I feel sorry for Novak, I was playing so good today,” said an elated Denis Istomin after the world No.117 subjected defending champion Novak Djokovic to his earliest Australian Open defeat since 2006.
“I couldn’t have written a better story,” said 23-time Grand Slam champion Serena Williams.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner