Stefanos Tsitsipas ‘aiming for more’ than Top 3
Stefanos Tsitsipas has broken into the top three for the first time in his career, but he is far from satisfied yet.
The Greek superstar traded places with Rafael Nadal for third and fourth spot in the ATP rankings this week.
Both men are competing at the Canadian Masters in Toronto, with Nadal the two-time defending champion from 2019 and 2018, and Tsitsipas a 2018 finalist.
“I’m happy to be in that position,” Tsitsipas told ATPTour.com. “It’s been a goal of mine.
“Top three has significant value to me. [But] I’m aiming for more,” the Greek revealed.
When asked about his inconsistent form since reaching the French Open final, Tsitsipas had this to say.
“Losses are good. Losses help you build perspective and educate yourself to pursue things a different way.
“I am able to learn from a loss like this. And I’m able to apply something different next time.
“My game is there, and I’m enjoying playing tennis. I feel blessed that I get opportunities like this.”
The new world number three will be hoping his game can carry him one step further than in 2018 to secure a second career Masters 1000 title.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner