‘Roger Federer is unbelievable to watch,’ says Aslan Karatsev
Recent ATP sensation Aslan Karatsev has named Roger Federer along side Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi as his tennis idols.
Karatsev won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships last week to prove his dream run to the Australian Open semi-finals was no fluke.
And, when asked about his biggest influences, he admitted that Federer was right up there.
“I always liked to watch Roger Federer, Pete Sampras, and Andre Agassi,” Karatsev said after winning Dubai.
“At that time when I was growing up, there were fantastic matches between Agassi and Sampras.
“And Roger, when I was seven he had already started winning. It’s unbelievable to watch what he does on the court.”
Karatsev’s next tournament will be the Miami Masters, where he will be looking to take advantage of a severely weakened field to cement his place in the upper reaches of the ATP rankings.
Roger Federer, meanwhile, is skipping Miami to focus on his training ahead of the clay season.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner