‘Roger Federer is always dangerous,’ warns Novak Djokovic’s coach Goran Ivanisevic
Goran Ivanisevic has warned everyone not to write Roger Federer off as he prepares to make his comeback next week.
Federer is now 39-years-old yet is attempting to come back after double knee surgery.
Many analysts have commented that it may be too much for even Federer’s evergreen powers to overcome, but Ivanisevic, who coaches the world number one Novak Djokovic, is wary of the threat posed by the Swiss star.
“I have played against Roger Federer and I have coached against Federer,” Ivanisevic told Tennis Majors.
“One thing I have learned is that you should never write him off, so I won’t do it now.
“He is always dangerous, particularly at Wimbledon and to a lesser extent at the US Open.
“If he is playing, that means that he is ready and when he is ready, he is an extremely difficult opponent to have.”
Ivanisevic faced Federer twice as a player during his career, losing both in straight sets in Milan and London respectively.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner