Novak Djokovic names future stars of ATP Tour, declaring: ‘Tennis is in good hands’
Novak Djokovic believes the future of tennis is ‘in good hands’ after revealing just how impressed he is with the ATP Tour’s youngsters.
Although Dominic Thiem won the US Open last year, men’s tennis is still largely dominated by Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.
However, with both now entering their mid-30s, the opportunity will soon be ripe for a fresh batch of names to take over, and Djokovic thinks they are very much up to the task.
“It’s great for the sport that we have new Grand Slam champions,” Djokovic said.
“We have new successful young players that are showing the courage and boldness, coming into the biggest stadiums in sport, willing to take on the biggest challenge in facing especially the three of us, fighting for the biggest title.
Naming Stefanos Tsitsipas, Alexander Zverev, Denis Shapovalov, and Matteo Berrettini, Djokovic added: “There are a few of them that are very close.
“They have huge potential. Obviously there’s still a lot of time ahead of them.”
“You have a lot of players. I think the future of tennis is in good hands, without a doubt.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner