Nick Kyrgios confirms return date after another lengthy absence from ATP Tour
Nick Kyrgios has confirmed he intends to play the US Open this year despite once again stepping away from the Tour recently.
Kyrgios took almost all of 2020 off due to fears over the coronavirus pandemic and the demands of quarantine attached to international travel.
He made a memorable comeback at the Australian Open in February, playing his part in two brilliant matches before losing to Dominic Thiem in the third round.
Since then, though, he has once again not played any tennis, and he seems unlikely to travel to Europe for the clay season.
He has, though, confirmed on Instagram that he plans to make the trip to New York for the US Open later this year.
View this post on Instagram
Following his exit from the Australian Open, Kyrgios said: “I’m used to playing in front of packed stadiums.
“I’m not gonna force myself around the world when the time is not right, where I have to quarantine for a week and then play.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner