New look for HEAD ATP ball
With attention on the final matches of the round robin stages of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, we’ve had our eyes on the HEAD ATP Ball.
The engineers at HEAD teamed up with ATP players like Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray to develop a ball that can withstand their power and skill.
The result was the official ball of the ATP World Tour and the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals which went through rigorous testing to ensure that it can withstand the world’s hardest serves, forehands and backhands.
The HEAD ATP ball features the Encore Technology which makes the ball even more durable and SmartOptik Technology ensures improved visibility.
This year at the O2 the balls are available in the new premium packaging – strong molded plastic, that is shaped, easy to hold, wrapped in gold and the feature we love, is the flip top lid – the lid is hinged – so you won’t lose the top in your kit bag – clever eh?
The pressured balls are suitable for all court surfaces, and they will certainly be put though their paces on the blue courts at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
If you’re headed to the O2 Arena in London’s Docklands you can pick up a tube at one of the HEAD stands, if not you will have to wait until January 2017 to get your hands on the new premium packaging. HEAD will also be announcing a special sweepstake for tennis fans in spring.
To find out more go to HEAD.com
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner