New Balance opens London store
The Wimbledon mixed doubles champion joined footballers Aaron Ramsey, Joe Ledley and Yohan Cabaye, cricketer Mark Wood and Rio 2016 Olympic triathlon bronze medallist Vicky Holland at the official launch of the brand’s European flagship store.
Situated close to the iconic Oxford Circus, the brand’s full range of products are showcased in the store, which covers three floors and 12,572 square feet.
New Balance opened its first flagship stores in Boston, Gangnam (South Korea), and Tokyo earlier this year with further stores to open in Milan and San Francisco this autumn.
“Our European flagship store, in London’s internationally celebrated West End, testifies to the spirit of our company’s ambition and vision,” said Fran Allen, New Balance vice president for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
“It is a magnificent showpiece that illuminates the brand’s illustrious story through its highly-prized craftsmanship, advanced technical innovation and enduring performance.”
Along with world No.4 Milos Raonic, Heather Watson is a brand ambassador for New Balance. Raonic signed a lifetime deal with the Boston-based footwear and apparel company last year. New Balance also has a factory in Flimby, Cumbria.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner