‘My concentration and patience has paid off’ – Stefanos Tsitsipas beats Jannik Sinner to reach Barcelona final
Stefanos Tsitsipas extended his winning streak to nine matches after defeating Jannik Sinner to reach the Barcelona Open final.
The world No. 5 won 6-3, 6-3 to make his second final at the ATP 500 event and stretch his run of consecutive sets won to 17.
“I think my level of concentration and patience has kind of paid off so far. I try to do my job and I know there are going to be tough moments, difficult moments that I will have to deal with,” Tsitsipas said in an on-court interview.
“But I try and face them with maturity, which is important on clay, and I try and press at certain moments. I have really worked on my offensive, defensive game.
That’s nine wins in-a-row for @steftsitsipas! 👏
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) April 24, 2021
“Mixing it up, and that has contributed and helped me a lot at kind of elevating and (getting) my game at the very top.
“I’m gonna watch the (second) semi-final, it’s a battle of the two Spaniards. They have both been playing great on clay. One of them happens to be the King – let’s call him – of clay.”
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner