Murray warms up with Lendl
Just a few hours before his match on centre court against Frenchman Nicolas Mahut, Murray and his team were able to practise on the grass at Queen’s Club. On Monday Murray had to practice indoors.
It was 5.11pm following a rain-delayed first match which saw Fernando Verdasco defeat Stan Wawrinka, before Murray and Mahut were able to start their match.
No. 2 seed Wawrinka followed seeded Richard Gasquet out of the tournament in the second of only two matches that had been completed by the afternoon of the second day.
On Monday the raincheck facility employed by the tournament was activated for only the fourth occasion in 17 years (since 2000). The raincheck facility allows spectators to claim a full refund in the event of less than two hours of non consecutive tennis on any given day.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner