Murray named GB flag bearer
Murray is bidding to defend his Olympic singles title in Brazil after winning singles gold and mixed doubles silver with Laura Robson at London 2012.
“To lead out Team GB will be an incredible honour, the biggest in sport,” Murray said. “I obviously have great memories of London and I am 100% focused on winning here in Rio.
“The privilege of being the flag bearer is a moment I will remember for the rest of my life and will certainly be one of the highlights of my career.”
Murray is the No.2 seed behind Novak Djokovic in the singles, and he and brother Jamie are the No.2 seeds in the men’s doubles.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner