Kvitova on track for Wimbledon
Kvitova has not played since being stabbed by a knife-wielding intruder in her home city of Prostejov last December, but she has now penciled in a comeback date.
“She is on track for Wimbledon,” her spokeswoman told Reuters. “She will make a last minute decision this week about Roland Garros.”
It remains unlikely that Kvitova will make the jaunt to Paris to compete at the French Open, which starts on Sunday, however she will be determined to return in time for the grass-court season – her favourite time of the year.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner