‘It felt great to play this way today,’ Stefanos Tsitsipas through with ease in Barcelona
Stefanos Tsitsipas has sailed through to the third round of the Barcelona Open, winning in straight sets over Jaume Munar.
Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated the Spaniard 6-0, 6-2 in an hour and 18 minutes to make the third round in Barcelona.
“[It was] great being able to play like this today,” Tsitsipas said in his post-match interview. “I was serving well, I felt comfortable from the baseline and trying to be aggressive. My shots were working, I hit a lot of winners from all over the court.”
Form and confidence! 👊
— Tennis TV (@TennisTV) April 21, 2021
Tsitsipas hit 29 winners to Munar’s 8 over the course of the match. I. addition, Tsitsipas won 88% of points behind his first serve to Munar’s 55%, and 58% behind his second serve while Munar only managed to win 4 points out of 20 behind his second serve (20%).
“Things like this always help and always add confidence to your game.”
The win is Tsitsipas’ 23rd of 2021, and his 17th in straight sets, taking his win/loss record to 23-5 for the year so far. Only Andrey Rublev has more wins with 25.
(Photo credit Ray Giubilo)
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner