‘In our generation, there will be a Big Six or Big Eight. It will be more exciting’, predicts Stefanos Tsitsipas
World No. 5 Stefanos Tsitsipas has predicted that there will be a “Big Six or Big Eight” formed from the young generation of ATP stars.
The 22-year-old also believes the next crop of elite players will be more fascinating than the ‘Big Three’ of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.
“I think our generation is going to be different. We have gotten used to talking and reading the Big Three all the time and I feel like we are going to be the Big Six or the Big Eight,” Tsitsipas told Marca.
“I think it will be more fascinating, a kind of revolution, to have a greater number of players competing with each other. It will be more exciting for the viewer.”
The Greek added on the importance of his belief when facing the Big Three: “It is, without a doubt, a key point.
“Every time I go out to play I think I can do better because I trust the process of improving as a player. Although it is painful and costly, I like to evolve to entertain fans because that’s what they come to see you for.”
Tsitsipas defeated fellow rising star Jannik Sinner today to reach the final of the Barcelona Open. He could face Nadal in tomorrow’s final.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner