‘I see many things similar to Tomas Berdych’, says Diego Schwartzman on Sebastian Korda
Diego Schwartzman compared Sebastian Korda to former world No. 4 Tomas Berdych after losing to the 20-year-old at the 2021 Miami Open.
World No. 87 Korda defeated the Argentine 6-3, 4-6, 7-5 in the fourth round of the ATP Masters 1000 event. The victory against the world No. 9 was the American’s first win against a top 20 opponent.
Korda will play world No. 8 and fourth seed Andrey Rublev in his first Masters 1000 quarter-final.
“I see many things similar to Tomas Berdych when he’s playing. I played against Tomas,” Schwartzman said on Korda in a post-match interview.
“I felt the same today, you know, on court. He’s hitting really hard the ball. He has very good timing, good serve, good movements. He looks like he’s playing in ATP Tour since many years ago.
“He has a lot of confidence right now. I think he’s going to increase his ranking for sure this year.”
Like Berdych, Korda’s father Petr Korda is from the Czech Republic (still Czechoslovakia for part of his career).
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner