‘I felt the same as Andy Murray,’ says injury comeback kid of inspirational Brit
A young player making a return from injury has drawn motivation and inspiration from Andy Murray and his journey back to the tour.
WTA talent Ana Konjuh has been hampered by injury and multiples surgeries over the past three seasons, but it slowly making a return to form on the court.
The young Croat has cited Andy Murray and his recovery from hip injury and surgery as a positive example for her on her own journey, having watched his documentary ‘Resurfacing’.
“It actually made me cry,” Konjuh said of the documentary. “I felt the same as he did in some moments,” she added.
“It’s because I wanted to do this for as long as I can. I’m a tennis player through and through. I gave my whole life to this.
“There was not a doubt in my mind that if I just stopped, I would always wonder ‘what if?’ I want to finish my career on my own terms.”
Ana Konjuh battled through an impressive run in last week’s Miami Open, reaching the fourth round and felling seeds Madison Keys and Iga Swiatek along the way.
KONJUH BELIEVE IT 🙌
— wta (@WTA) March 27, 2021
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner