“I always feel good here,” Felix Auger-Aliassime is gearing up in Miami
Felix Auger-Aliassime is confident heading into his Miami 2021 debut as he feels that he can always play good tennis there.
Felix Auger-Aliassime comes into the Miami Open off of a quarter-final loss to finalist Stefanos Tsitsipas in Acapulco. However, the 20-year-old Canadian is positive heading into the tournament where he secured his best Masters 1000 run to date.
“I always feel good here,” he told ATP Tennis TV. “You know, I’ve been coming here even before [I went pro] as a kid, every winter I’m not so far up north [here].
“I always felt that I could play good here, I always like the conditions, so hopefully this time around again it’s a good opportunity for me to have a good tournament, play well, but I think I’m feeling good.
“I’m moving well, and that’s the first thing that’s important.”
FAA made it to the semi-finals in 2019 as an 18-year-old, but has not been able to recoup similar results at Masters 1000 level since.
“I think I’ve been able to put a good setup around me this year and just prepare well for the tournaments and be ready.
“I’ve worked to be in this position. Of course there were a few tight matches that I would have like to win in Australia or last week in Acapulco.
“But, for a start of the year honestly it’s a good one and hopefully I can keep on improving.”
Felix Auger-Aliassime is the 11th seed in Miami this year and will face Pierre-Hugues Herbert in the second round after a first round bye.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner