Haas crushes Moya to move into round two
Tommy Haas was the first player to record a victory on day two of the Rogers Cup Toronto Masters event on Tuesday.
The German world No.46 raced to a 6-3, 6-2 victory over Spains former world No.l Carlos Moya in the first match of the day on Centre Court.
The 54-minute straight-sets victory earns Tommy Haas, who was once ranked No.2 in the world, a shot at fourth seed Nikolay Davydenko.
At about the same time as Haas was taking care of business, Frenchman Gilles Simon was recording an equally emphatic first round victory.
Simon needed only needed 59 minutes to thrash American Donald Young 6-1, 6-3 and set up a date with top seed Roger Federer.
It will be Federers first outing since losing his Wimbledon crown to Rafa Nadal.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner