Golovin double-faults with basketball star
Naughty Tatiana Golovin. In 2007, she turned up at last year’s Wimbledon with red knickers on, much to the All England Club’s annoyance – and the tabloids’ delight.
And this year, after the bookie’s finally had another ‘Wimbledon Specials’ bet to go with the stab in the dark at the number of strawberries to be eaten during the championships, she pulled out of the tournament.
We were backing leopard-print if you’re asking, but all bets were off when Tatiana Golovin was told to rest the back injury that had already kept her out of the French Open. So Tatiana Golovin packed her pants and headed back to France for a bit of r’n‘r.
Or should that be N’n‘N? Tatiana Golovin was spotted ambling round Paris with Joakim Noah, the Chicago Bulls basketball player and son of French tennis legend Yannick Noah, and sharing the odd kiss along the way.
No harm in that. Except that a few days later, she was watching boyfriend Samir Nasri playing for France at Euro 2008. The story might have quietly gone away, had Golovin’s beaus not been quite so newsworthy in recent weeks.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner