Five things to know about Felix Auger Aliassime ahead of his semi-final in Cologne
Felix Auger Aliassime will face Diego Schwartzman in the semi-final of 2020’s second consecutive event in Cologne, having reached the final in the initial event before falling short to Alexander Zverev.
Tennishead looks at five things you should know about the 20-year-old Canadian.
1) Auger Aliassime has reached six ATP finals but is yet to win a title
Felix Auger Aliassime has reached three ATP finals in both 2019 and 2020, but is yet to win a title having lost all six of the finals he has participated in. This year, Auger Aliassime lost to Monfils in Rotterdam, Tsitsipas in Marseille and Zverev in Cologne, with all three defeats coming in straight sets. The Canadian became the youngest player to reach finals in consecutive weeks since Djokovic in 2006.
2) Roger Federer is his idol, Yannick Noah his dream opponent
The 20-year-old has said that Roger Federer was his idol growing up. The pair trained together in Dubai in 2017 and share a birthday. The Canadian also said that his dream opponent would be Yannick Noah.
3) Auger Aliassime had an impressive junior career
Auger Aliassime was impressing very early on in his career, winning the Junior US Open in 2016 and finishing as runner-up at the French Open in the same year. Milos Raonic praised the young Canadian on Twitter when he was just 14 years old.
Inspiring to see what Félix Auger-Aliassime is doing at only 14 years old. He is going to be fun to follow.
— Milos Raonic (@milosraonic) July 24, 2015
4) Auger Aliassime is also creative off the court
The young Canadian said that if he wasn’t a tennis player, he would be an artist. Auger Aliassime also plays the pianio and enjoys music.
5) Auger Aliassime does a lot of charity work
Earlier this year, the 20-year-old pledged to help underprivileged children in Togo by donating $5 to Educhange for each point he wins this season, with BNP Paribas also giving a $15 dollar donation for each point.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner