‘Everything was working for me,’ Norrie marches on to Lyon final
Cameron Norrie is through to the final of Lyon after a dominant display against eighth seed Karen Khachanov.
Cameron Norrie produced a near flawless display to defeat Karen Khachanov 6-1, 6-1 in just over an hour.
“Everything was working for me,” Norrie said in his on-court interview. “I was serving well, returning well, anticipating the ball well.
“I came forward when I needed to and was aggressive with good depth. So, it was nice to come through like that.
“You’re right, this morning as well, with having the set of tennis to kind of get me ready and get me and give me some rhythm so, yeah, I’m so pleased to be through and I’m really pleased with my performance.”
Norrie had already played earlier in the day, finishing his quarter-final with Frenchman Arthur Rinderknech after the match was suspended for rain yesterday.
Lyon will be Norrie’s third career final on the ATP tour and second in 2021 so far, the other coming on clay in Estoril, Portugal.
Norrie lost his previous two final appearances and will be the underdog as he faces Stefanos Tsitsipas for the Lyon title.
“I had a tough loss in my last final, 6-7 in the third, so it’s nice that I can get another opportunity so soon.
“It’s gonna be tough against Stefanos [Tsitsipas], he’s playing well. He’s in the zone as well so it’s gonna be an interesting final.
“It’s just nice to play with an atmosphere again so thank you to everyone for coming out and creating a little bit of atmosphere out here. We appreciate it.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner