Evans sporting Ellesse for summer
Evans hit the headlines earlier in the year for his run to the fourth round of the Australian Open, where he was wearing unbranded kit after his Nike contract expired at the end of 2016.
However, it has been a successful first half of the 2017 season for Evans both on and off the court, climbing to a career high ranking of No.41 in March and signing a sponsorship deal with Italian clothing manufacturer ellesse.
“I am very grateful for the support given by ellesse and it’s a bonus that I am a huge fan of the clothing so feel extremely comfortable competing in the brand,” said Evans.
Following his defeat to Tommy Robredo in Paris, the world No.55 will now focus on preparing for the grass court season on his home soil. The 27-year-old will play the Aegon Open Nottingham followed by the Aegon Championships at Queen’s Club. He will then compete at the Aegon International at Eastbourne before heading to Wimbledon for the 131st Championships.
Evans’ kit for Wimbledon is naturally predominantly white, albeit with a pop of neon orange, but for the rest of the grass court tournaments Evans will be sporting navy and orange.
“It’s important to feel good in what you’re wearing out on court and know that your brand represents your personality where possible,” said Evans. “The current collection is great, very stylish and I’m looking forward to the future collections to follow.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner