Emma Raducanu is a ‘very exciting talent,’ states Annabel Croft
Annabel Croft believes British youngster Emma Raducanu is showing all the signs she can become a star of British Tennis, as the 18-year-old moved within one win of her first US Open main draw.
Raducanu burst onto the scene at Wimbledon last month, reaching fourth round in her maiden Grand Slam, defeating French Open finalist Marketa Vondrousova and Sorana Cirstea on her stunning run.
The Brit faces Egyptian Mayar Sherif later today for a place in US Open main draw. Croft reckons Raducanu has all the attributes to become a top player in the future.
“She’s got a bit of momentum behind her and she had backed up her performance at Wimbledon with more good wins on the WTA Tour,” Croft told Kevin Palmer.
“When you cause a bit of a stir on the tour and start to make a name for yourself on the grand stage, you need to try and keep that going and she is doing that.
“People know who she is and she is creating a bit of an aura around here as people are talking about Emma.
“She’s got talent, great athletic ability and seem to have great mental strength. On top of that, she is winning matches and the next step is going onto the main tour and adapting to that.
“Maybe she will have to step back to play some lower-ranked tournaments at times over the next few months, but clearly she is a very exciting talent.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner