Djokovic signs Lacoste deal
The day after announcing that Andre Agassi would be his new coach at Roland Garros, Novak Djokovic celebrated his 30th birthday with a new clothing deal after he was unveiled as Lacoste’s new style ambassador.
Created by tennis player and inventor, Rene Lacoste, in 1933, the French brand, with its iconic crocodile logo, has brought on the world No.2 as its style ambassador, both on and off the court.
Lacoste, who was nicknamed ‘Le Crocodile’ for the tenacity he displayed on court, revolutionised sportswear when he created the Lacoste L12.12 polo shirt, which enabled freedom of movement with its unique fabric (the cotton petit pique).
Fast forward to 2017 and the brand has created a clothing line especially for the defending French Open champion. With varying touches of blue, white and red on a plain background, the clothing features ergonomic stitching to prevent chafing and styles that are comfortable to move in, while the shorts come in white and black. Djokovic’s signature is printed on the left sleeve of the polo shirt.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner