Djokovic joins elite centurion club in reaching Wimbledon semi-final
In his quest for a sixth Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic has joined an exclusive group of players.
The world No. 1 dispatched Hungarian Marton Fucsovics 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 in his quarter-final for a 77th career match win at The Championships, an impressive record for the Serb.
However, looking more broadly at his record on grass as a surface, Djokovic has now secured 100 singles match wins across his career on lawns.
On top of his 77 Wimbledon wins, Djokovic has 10 wins at Queen’s (across 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2018), four wins at Eastbourne (2017), four at the London Olympics in 2012, four at Halle (2009) and one at ‘s-Hertogenbosch (2006).
In reaching the milestone, the 19-time Slam champion joins an elite group of players to have 100 wins on three different surfaces, with only two other male players achieving the feat.
Those players are Roger Federer and Andy Murray, both with at least 100 wins on hard, clay and grass courts, securing 783H-226C-192G and 455H-107C-110G wins respectively to date.
Djokovic can now boast 613 career wins on hard courts, 243 on clay and 100 on grass.
Rafael Nadal is conspicuously missing from what would otherwise be another ‘Big Four’ club, but despite claiming two Wimbledon titles (2008 & 2010), a Queen’s title (2008) and a Stuttgart title (2015), the Spaniard has only 71 wins on grass.
53 of those wins came at Wimbledon, with 13 at Queen’s (across 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011), four at Stuttgart (2015) and one at Halle (2012).
- Keep up to date with all the breaking Wimbledon News
- Enjoy our exclusive & free ‘Guide to Wimbledon 2021′
- Order the bumper Wimbledon special issue of Tennishead magazine
- Follow our live commentary from all the biggest matches at Wimbledon
- Don’t miss a thing with our Wimbledon Live Scores service
- Follow Tennishead at Wimbledon on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all Tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner