David Goffin’s shoe of choice: The Court FF
When it comes to shoes, ASICS has built an enviable reputation for producing shoes for a number of sports, including running and tennis.
In January 2017, at the Australian Open, David Goffin, World No.11 is wearing the new ASICS Court FF. Known for his speed around the court, the Belgian needs a shoe that can support his game style. The Court FF has a newly designed last (arguably the soul of a shoe, a last is the mould that creates the three dimensional shape), inspired by a running last with a higher toe spring to help a player get into the forefoot position and move around the court faster.
The ‘FF’ stands for FlyteFoam – a unique midsole material with reinforced fibres which means the shoe is 55% lighter than industry standard midsole materials. Those clever people at ASICS have incorporated this, originally used in a running shoe, into this tennis shoe so players like David Goffin can be confident they can achieve maximum speed while still benefitting from full support.
And for all its technological properties, the Court FF is comfortable, owing to the introduction of a full mesh mono sock, which gives a snug fit as well as reinforcement construction for instep support.
Goffin, 26, will be looking to improve on his 2016 performance at the Australian Open where Roger Federer defeated him in the fourth round. But off the back of the best year of his career, reaching a career high ranking in 2016, Goffin is well placed to get 2017 off to a flying start with the help of his new ASICS shoes.
The Court FF is available, with an all court outsole, from mid January, price £145. ASICS.com
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner