‘Cam is a great player’ – Draper sets up all British clash against Norrie
Jack Draper claimed another superb win against World No. 39 Alexander Bublik at the second round of Queen’s Club.
The 19-year-old Brit defeated Kazakh Alexander Bublik 7-6, 7-6 in the second round of the ATP 500 tournament.
“I made a couple of rash decisions on my serve and at this level you can’t do that. I’m still learning, I thought I’d blew it at the end but I’m glad I stuck with it. Thank you for the support because it helped me get over the line today.” Draper said in his post-match interview.
“I’m glad I’ve been able to take advantage of the opportunity I’ve had this week. On the Futures tour, you are used to playing in front of one man and his dog, so it’s amazing to play with a crowd.”
— LTA (@the_LTA) June 16, 2021
“Having the crowd support definitely helps. Especially in the small moments, Alexander is such a great player but you have to be on it every point against a player with his quality, I was glad I was able to do that today.”
The world No. 309 added on facing Cameron Norrie in the quarter-finals: “I’m just glad we’ll have a Brit in the semi-finals. Cam is a great player and a very good person off the court so I’m looking forward to sharing the court with him.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner