Bianca Andreescu ‘confident’ of beating her injury fears ahead of Miami Open test
Bianca Andreescu says is confident her injury problems are behind her and she can start enjoying her tennis again.
Andreescu has barely played since winning the US Open two years ago, with a combination of coronavirus concerns and injury problems keeping her from the court.
At just 20 years old though, the Canadian looks very capable of along career at the top, but only if she can find a way to play regular tennis.
“Just feeling good out there, I think that’s that main thing that’s going to help me get rid of that,” she said when asked how to conquer the fear of injury.
“I am a professional athlete that’s wearing and tearing her body, so it’s normal to have pains here and there, and it’s not like I am the only one that’s retiring from tournaments and stuff like that. So many players do the same.
“I am feeling confident going into the event and always trying my hardest. I am the type of person to always set high expectations for myself.
“Now, my main goal is to be happy out there and enjoy myself as much as I can. Even if my tennis feels off, I want to take it as something I can push through and feel fulfilled after the match.”
Despite her recent lack of tennis, Bianca Andreescu will be the eighth seed in Miami.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner