Top
Bernard Tomic serving

Australian tennis star in self-isolation in Miami after admitting to showing coronavirus symptoms


Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic says he is showing the symptoms of the coronavirus and has entered self-isolation in Miami.

The 27-year-old was once Australia’s top player and is a former Wimbledon quarter-finalist, but has plummeted in the rankings in recent years.

He played a Challenger event in Monterrey, Mexico, earlier this month before travelling to Miami, only to find the competition cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.

It appears to have been a costly trip too, with him now telling The Herald Sun he has concerns for his health.

“Since Tuesday, started feeling not right,” Tomic said.

“I already had shortness of breath and my immune system was low and run down.

“I’m currently in Miami and isolated away from everyone, as advised.

“I’m yet to be tested for it (COVID-19) but I have all the symptoms.”

“I reckon I got it travelling from Mexico to Monterrey last week.

“People need to take this super seriously, especially at home in Australia.

“I don’t know how long I’ll be in isolation or when I can be tested.”

Currently, the ATP have cancelled the next six weeks of tournaments but that could be extended should the crisis continue.

Related Articles

Bernard Tomic serving
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap