Australian Open fast facts
Lleyton Hewitt owns the record for most appearances at the Australian Open (20). He made his debut as a 15-year-old qualifier in 1997 before playing his final match against David Ferrer in the Australian Open last year.
Hewitt was also involved in the latest finish in Australian Open history. In 2008 the former world No.1 beat Marcos Baghdatis 4-6 7-5 7-5 6-7(4) 6-3 in a match that did not finish until 04:34 in the morning.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner