ASICS Gel Resolution 7
“The great thing about my job is you are able to help all kinds of athletes perform better or just enjoy their sports by offering better footwear,” says Rene Zandbergen, Senior Merchandise Manager at ASICS.
With a background in biomechanics and physiology, Zandbergen joined the Japanese company 16 years ago. With a strong running heritage, the brand prides itself on technology, innovation and quality and that is no more evident than in the latest iteration of the ASICS Gel Resolution.
Aimed at baseliners, the Resolution is the premium shoe in the ASICS stability range.
“The baseliner needs stability in the midfoot area and needs to turn quickly from left to right,” explains Rene. “We have improved stability at the lateral forefoot because we have learned from our players that the outer edge needed more stability. When you are going from left to right you can imagine that a lot of power is going into the shoe so a lot of weight distribution so then the fit is very important in that area.”
Another development on previous iterations of the Resolution are the Duomax™ Support system built into the midsole, as well as improved Gel cushioning in both the rearfoot and the forefoot.
“It’s a long list of technologies, that’s why it’s the King of Stability and it’s the most important shoe in our stability segment,” says Zandbergen. “In the UK and all over Europe it is one of our best selling shoes.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner