A year to remember: Serena’s Slam
It’s been another memorable season for Serena Williams who, like Novak Djokovic, came agonisingly close to a so-called calendar year Grand Slam.
After everything going so right on her way to majors in Melbourne, Paris and Wimbledon, however, some are still wondering how it all went so very very wrong against Roberta Vinci in the final four in New York.
Just two victories from what would have been a career-defining moment, the world No.1 looked edgy as she crashed out to Vinci and then promptly announced she was done for the year.
Williams finished her season with a 53-3 win-loss record and a 2015 prize money haul at just over $10.5 million.
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner