‘A permanent solution was needed,’ Borna Coric completes surgery
Borna Coric has undergone shoulder surgery in a bid to reduce long-term pain and make a full recovery.
Borna Coric took the step to have surgery on his shoulder as he continues his recovery away from tennis.
“Hi everyone, I am currently in New York as I had surgery on my right shoulder yesterday,” the Croat announced on his personal Instagram.
“I have been dealing with shoulder pain for some time now and despite trying a whole range of recovery techniques it was clear a more permanent solution was needed.”
Coric has not played on the tour since going out in the Rotterdam semi-finals at the start of March having played just nine matches in 2021.
View this post on Instagram
“The operation went extremely well,” Coric assured his followers. “I am very thankful to the HSS Sports Medicine Institute team and especially Dr David Altchek.
“Now it is time to recover and work hard to be back on court soon. Thank you for all the support as always.”
- Join the tennishead CLUB and receive £250/$350 of FREE GEAR including ASICS Gel-Resolution 8 trainers, shorts, shirt & socks
- Keep up to date with the breaking news & tennis action at our tennis news section
- Win amazing prizes by entering our competitions
- Learn more about your favourite players including Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic
- Check out the latest tennis equipment with our tennis gear reviews
- Receive regular updates in our legendary free newsletter
- Read in depth features with stunning photography in tennishead magazine
- Can’t visit the tournaments you love? Check out our guide on how to watch tennis on TV
- Don’t miss a thing with our Live Scores service
- Follow tennishead on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube
- EXCLUSIVE 5% DISCOUNT for all tennishead readers on tennis rackets, balls, clothing, shoes & accessories with All Things Tennis, our dedicated tennis gear partner